MH Mediate can work with supportive housing sites to:
- Train staff in conflict resolution, addressing challenging behaviors, accessibility, and mental health communication
- Train residents in conflict resolution and mental health communication
- Provide mediation services for tenant conflicts
- Provide consulting and facilitation to improve programs.
Preventing and Mediating Tenant Conflicts
- Listening Skills
- Appreciating and Validating Different Perspectives
- Transparency and Impartiality
- Reaching Agreements in Shared Living Conflicts
- An Introduction to Mediation
- Examples Tailored to the Specific Scenarios You Provide
We always leave you with takeaway tools that you can integrate into your regular practices, and we even offer an on-demand online training service that you can refer folks to whenever they have a conflict. Past clients include the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Community Access, Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), and more!
Addressing Challenging Behaviors
- Types of Challenging Behavior
- Options for Addressing Challenging Behavior
- Benefits of Advanced Planning
- Template for Developing Your Behavior Practices
- Strategies for Implementing and Communicating Your Principles
We always leave you with takeaway tools that you can integrate into your regular practices, and we even offer an on-demand online training service that you can refer folks to whenever they have a conflict. A version of this training was funded by the NY State Unified Court System, rolled out across three county centers.
Infusing Your Culture with Conflict Resolution Norms
Learn More About MH Mediate Services
Contact MH Mediate founder Dan Berstein at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or schedule a call to learn more.