MH Mediate works with all kinds of practitioners including conflict resolvers, attorneys, mental health service providers, and many others. We help them develop skills and resources to support how they manage conflict, communicate about mental health, address challenging behaviors, and develop accessible practices.
Some sample trainings are listed below:
Conflict Resolution Skills
- Learn and practice basic mediation skills
- Develop a culture of conflict resolution to prevent conflicts
- De-escalate conflict
Mental Health Communication
- Talk about mental health in empowering ways, that don’t offend or stigmatize
- Appreciate and validate diverse perspectives in mental health
- Navigate specific kinds of difficult conversations and mental health conflicts
Address Challenging Behaviors
- Appreciate how planning ahead for challenging behavior can promote impartiality, safety, and mediator comfort
- Understand distinctions between emergencies, disruptions, and disconnects
- Practice making and implementing formal and informal plans for challenging behaviors
Develop Accessible Practices
- Understand the difference between accommodations and accessibility
- Apply seven universal design principles to make your practice accessible to parties with disabilities and other needs
- Discover how to communicate your practice’s accommodations and accessibility to parties
Specialized Trainings for Peer Specialists
MH Mediate has developed specialized trainings for peer specialists including a ground-breaking AAA-ICDR Foundation funded initiative teaching peer specialists basic mediation skills and a wide variety of other peer-focused programs including efforts with ThriveNYC and the International Association of Peer Supporters.
Specialized Trainings for Attorneys and Conflict Resolution Professionals
MH Mediate has provided CLE training in a wide variety of states and nationally through the American Bar Association. MH Mediate has specialized programs to help dispute resolution professionals work with parties with mental health experiences, address challenging behaviors, and become accessible to diverse party needs.
Access More Information and Resources
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch with more information, and sample resources related to whichever trainings are of interest. Trainings can be delivered in-person and online.